|The Government has issued Resolution No. 19-2017/NQ-CP dated February 6, 2017 on the continuous implementation of key tasks
and solutions to improve the business climate and enhance the national competitiveness in 2017, with an orientation towards 2020
The resolution set the goals by 2017 :
- Viet Nam will at least meet the average level in terms of targets on the business climate
- The processing time of procedures will be reduced by no more than 168 hours per year for tax and social security payment and no more than 120 days for granting construction licenses and related procedures, , issue of construction permit shall be finished within 63 days
- Reaching the average points of ASEAN-4 countries concerning target groups on competitiveness (according to the World Economic Forum’s assessment) and meeting the average level of ASEAN-5 nations with regards to innovation indicators (according to the World Intellectual Property Organization’s assessment)
- In terms of implementing e-government (according to the United Nations’ approach), Viet Nam will comprehensively renovate three indicator groups, including telecommunication infrastructure (TII), human resources (HCI) and online public services (OSI), towards the 80th ranking in the world by 2017, and the average points of ASEAN-5 countries and the minimum 70th ranking in the world.
- Most of the popular public services relating to a number of people and businesses will be provided at the level 3, while the procedures of paying fees, receiving dossiers and returning results will be performed online (Level 4 public service).